Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Bugs

Frustrated today. I came home late last night to find a letter from my apartment landlord. I was notified that "tomorrow" there would be an exterminator coming to my apartment to spray toxic chemicals - and that I had to clear out all my kitchen cabinets. Upon further reading it said I had to empty all of my closets as well as under my bed. I live in a small apartment, and to be hit with this with less than 24 hours notice is just inconsiderate. Why couldn't they have called and at least given me a weeks notice? I tried calling this morning to reschedule and was given the run-around until eventually I spoke with someone who seemed to know what was going on. He said not to worry about it and that the exterminator would only be spraying along the baseboards.
I finally gave up fighting the ordeal. There was nothing I can do, so I just took out all my stuff from the bottom cabinets, and piled it on the floor and couch in the living room. I closed my bedroom door as to hopefully keep the guy out of my bedroom and from spraying all my clothes. Something tells me he wont.

Lesson learned? - If you are paying someone to live in their building or on their land, you have to do what they want.
Grrr

Cyen

No comments: