Wednesday, August 31, 2005

There should be a rule...

I have been thinking of the hurricane Katrina victims and their families. So sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to these families.
I had a thought that might be helpful in times of catostophic events, that would help families to re-connect. (I don't want to go into details, as I may persue this). I signed on to check for domain name availablity, and all of the possible combinations that I could think of were taken. BUT... they were taken by companies who buy up domains in the hopes of reselling them. So these pages are not being used. I'm all for making money via the internet, but there seems like there should be a rule against this sort of practice. I know, there is no way to judge or enforce this at this time, but still. The price of domain names has dropped drastically, and i believe this encourages this sort of behavior.
anyway, I'll continue to think on this idea and see if I can't come up with another alternative.

cyen

No comments: