Monday, August 29, 2005

California

Well, I suppose I'll start updating this blog on a semi regular basis.
I just got back from a much needed vacation to California.
I visited family in the Berkeley area, and loved every minute there.
I could go on and on about the differences of east coast vs west coast, but will just note a few major ones...
Food - the selection of restaurants is amazing in Berkeley. Here in my neighborhood, my choices are; McDonald, Taco Bell, Burger King, and a handful of Chinese places. In Berkeley there are about 5 different ethnic restaurants on each block. I had the best Burito ever there, and we drove to an area called Walnut Creek, where I had the best Pizza I've ever tasted. Not to mention Ethiopian food in Oakland. Fantastic.
People in their cars, actually stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk! Here in Jersey, it is "supposed" to be law, but very few people do it. It is amazing to see a car traveling at about 30mph come to a complete stop just to let you cross the street.
I could go on, but will stop with just those two.
Perhaps, I will use this topic to continue posting about some of the places I visited.

Cyen

PS> Welcome to those who found this blog via Film-Critiques.com!

No comments: