Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Dishwasher

Another problem "fixed" today in my daily apartment life. Saturday, I had a knock on the door (a rare thing), and was greeted by my apartment maintenance. I was informed that water was leaking into my downstairs neighbor's apartment. He thought it was coming from a broken seal on the toilet, but I suspected it was my dishwasher. I had a small leak before, that I tried to fix myself by stuffing a papertowel into the seal. He said he would notify the office and have someone come out to fix it on Monday. I called Monday morning to confirm... And they had no idea who I was, or that there was a problem. Finally I set up an appointment for someone to come out Tuesday morning (today) to fix it between 8 and 9 am. Well, by 8:45 no one has come out. Again, I call to confirm... "Uh, sir, there is no one here right now, they are all out on the grounds picking up trash". Oh. Great... What should I do? Her reply in a nutshell was "uh..." She put me on hold, then came back on, and "miraculously" a worker had just walked in, and could come over right now. Great I said. So after about an hour or so, he everything back up and working, Including fixing another piece that wore out (and probably caused the leak). So... Fingers crossed he did a good job. When I get home tonight, I'll try it out, and see if I flood out my neighbor again. Ugh.

Lesson learned: Always call to confirm the appointment.

Cyen

No comments: