Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I expect more from Marty...

I was up early this morning (well, early for me, not for most people), so when my alarm clock went off I was already up and conscious. At around 10am I hear Marty Moss-Coane start her show "Radio Times". Much to my surprise (and dread) her topic for today... The "controversial" New Yorker comic regarding Barak Obama. I won't even go into describing the comic on the cover as by now I'm sure the entire world has seen it. I like Marty's shows for the most part. She's def one smart cookie, but this show was just horrible to listen to. An entire hour involving guests (other comic artists) and call-ins from the listeners that can be summed up in one or two sentences. It was a COMIC! Was it controversial? Absolutely. Was it in good taste? Debateable but in my opinion it was in poor taste. But what Marty did was try to analyze what makes a good joke. You either get it, or you don't. You either think it's funny, or not.
Not to mention, I felt like all of this was SO yesterday's news. Arn't there more interesting topics out there to choose from? Why not do a show on how Karl Rove has been called upon to appear before the Senate, and decided to just give them a big "kiss my ___" and THEN decides to FLEE - Er, I mean Go on vacation out of the country! That would make for an intersting show.
I know... it's my own fault... I should have just turned the radio off. Next time I will.
Sorry Marty, I expect more from you. I hope the next show is better.
I don't know why, but I'll link to the show's mp3 file on the WHYY.org website. I don't know if this is a permanent link, or if it will change when the next show airs. IF you want to listen to this be my guest :)

No comments: