Friday, January 02, 2009

2009!

Happy New Year!

Just a short post as I hope to maybe pick up my blog posts a little more.

I hope I will like 2009 - I do so far, if only for the fact that I like the way the numbers look together. (It's a typography thing).

I started out my new years by sleeping late after a fun new years eve party with good friends.
Stayed up late in spite of being VERY tired to play a new computer game (check it out world of Goo). I think I got home around 2:30am then stayed up til around 4am! ugh.
Needless to say, I slept late on 1/1/09.
Relaxed on my day off.
Then around 8pm, I said 'I'm going to a movie!"
So I braved the 23 degree cold, and ventured out to see "The day the Earth Stood still".
I really enjoyed it. Certainly don't look to Keanu for any Oscars (He plays a great robot/cyborg/alien/anything that needs a perpetual look of confusion). So he was good for this role.
I enjoyed the effects (though the touch screen was a little over hyped). And I mostly enjoyed the storyline... all the way up to the last few minutes of the movie. I thought the ending was really weak. But overall I enjoyed it for a sci-fi remake.
I should have prefaced my mini-review here by saying that I had never seen the original movie. (though it's on my netflix queue now).

Then I finished off the day by starting to read some of the "Watchmen" graphic novel (aka: Comic book). I don't know if I like it yet. Jury is still out.

I hope you started your year off well too with things that you enjoy.

No comments: