Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Sickly

Sorry no updates lately, been trying to fight off a cold that just won't quit. It's been 10 days today since I first started feeling ill. It started with a sore throat, then moved to a cough that just wouldn't leave me alone, and then turned into a plain old head and chest cold. I'm still not better, but today is the first day I am feeling energized. (maybe it was the caffiene in the tea I had this mornings?) On one of the worst nights of my coughing, I did not have any cough medicine in, I thought I had a mall botttle in the fridge, but when I went to look, it wasn't there... probably expired, and I threw it oout. I mixed up a home remedy of honey and lemon juice (which tastes really good, and works well!) But I wanted to keep something by my nightstand instead of having to get up every hour to go to the fridge. I ended up grabbing a bottle of maple syrup! It actually worked well, in getting the cough to subside, but it only lasted for about an hour. So it made for a long night, but I can't imagine not having it at all.
Hopefully, I'm on the mend now, and it's just a matter of time until I stop coughing. I hope I don't have to go to the doctors for a cough that won't go away.

books> I did get a lot of reading done while sick, so that was a good thing. I finished the book "The Traveller". I was really dissapointed by the ending. I liked the subject, but there was no payoff. I also finished a book called "The Codex" which I really enjoyed. It was an adventure style book, involving mayans, jungles, treasure hunting, etc... a fun read. I am not finally starting to read the latest Harry Potter book. I still have about 3-4 other books lined up after that waiting to read.

Music> Just bought the latest Depeche Mode CD. It's good, but a little too mello. There are two or three songs that I really like though, so I don't regret buying the whole album.

Science> Maybe not exactly science, and more in the fun catagory, but I found a really cool website called... http://www.sodaplay.com . basically you can build a two dimensional object using springs and muscles, to create a shape that will move. There is some really neat physics behind a small java script application, and I have lost several hours trying to build a new object. I wish I had something like this when I was a kid! The program is simple (after learning how to work it which took some time), but now I wish it could do more. I would pay for a more advanced application like this.

ok, better run
Cyen

No comments: