Tuesday, February 13, 2007

going to war with Iran?

I'm really starting to think it is going to happen. At first I was beginning to think - no way, with all of the hype now about people thinking the war with Iraq is in the dumpster, there is no way that the Bush administration could talk the American people into supporting another war with another country... But this headline caught my eye over on Reddit:
Bush has tipped his hand. He is going to attack Iran. And the editors of The New York Times have tipped their hand too. They are on board.

And the headline links to this article on the huffingtonpost.com, that basically points out that this one reporter is just regurgitating the Administrations press releases. I have been paying close attention to the press lately, and I am seeing the beating of drums. The new reports that show pieces of metal used in bombs are coming from Iran are the latest go around (which Iran has denied). So, don't go after the people making/detonating the bombs, go after a country where the parts "may" have originated.
I don't like where this is headed, and I am glad to see posts like this are being read in the blog-o-sphere.

No comments: