Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Awesome wheels


A few days ago, I pulled out of my apartment complex onto the highway, and stopped at the light across the median strip was a really awesome looking vehicle. I'm not sure how to describe it because I've never seen anything like it before. It was basically a motorcycle trike, but in REVERSE. It had two tires in the front, and one in the back and it was a bright yellow color. I just did a quick search on the web, and found the image above (via this post). I don't think it's the same vehicle, as this one looks lower to the ground, and the front wheels are showing a lot of chrome, fat racing wheels. The one I saw looked a little more "BMW-ish". Then again, I only had about a 3 second look as I passed it in traffic.
If anyone knows what I might have seen please post in the comments.
Perhaps someone will find this post in the same way that I was going to search for it: Yellow Reverse Trike.

In other news...
The other day my microwave broke. Well, it still technically works, but the keypad buttons stopped working meaning the "start and stop" buttons.
I made the attempt to contact the manufacturer (Sharp), and after several round abouts on the web, and the automated voice mails, I found a local Sharp repair service. I called, and as I expected, he recommended that I just go out and buy another. (I'll spare the "these are the times we live in - a throw away society). So, based upon that this microwave lasted me almost 12 years, I decided to get another Sharp. For what it's worth, it's a R-308JS, and here's the thing... Amazon.com has this for $103.99 and I bought' mine at a local "club store" called BJ's for $75! Sometimes those club stores pay off. I hope this one lasts another 12 years - knock on wood.
What I want to know... why does it seem like a lot of my stuff keeps breaking lately. No such thing as coincidence?

No comments: