Monday, May 12, 2008

Kaossilator

My Kaossilator ARRIVED TODAY! (Thanks thinkgeek for fast shipping).
I've only had an hour or so to play with this new toy, and so far... AWESOME!
I should warn anyone who is thinking about getting one... it's really geared towards electronic/techno music. There are a lot of sound samples, but most are techno oriented.
I can see myself getting lost with this thing for long periods of time.
The only downside... I can see this starting to peak my interest in keyboards, and digital sound. (I used to have a small midi studio, WAY back in the day).
I say this is a downside only for one reason... money! It's an expensive hobby. But, I'm wondering if I can take a cheaper road with what little I know about chiptunes and 8bit music. I'm wondering if I can hobble together something that won't cost an arm and a leg, and yet provide me with some fun ways to make "music".
Once I feel like I've got the hang of this thing (which shouldn't take long), I hope to maybe post a youtube video.

No comments: