Sunday, February 12, 2006

Winter Storm



Well, it was a long day today. I feel like I spent 90% of it shoveling snow. We got a good 12" or so (not including drifts). Here's a photo that I took from my window as I was driving - turned out pretty good considering...








I also finally finished my scarf (just in time for the winter again). It turned out ok, but you can tell it was handmade. A few dropped stiches (2?) a few bumbles here and there, but hey, it's my first attempt and it's functional :) I don't quite understand why the beginning ended up being so "flared" beleieve it or not, I counted the stitches and the end matches the beginning yet when you try to fold the scarf in half it's not symetrical. Oh well. I'm happy with it. I don't know yet if this will be my first and possibly last knitting project.



Well, back to the grind tomorrow.

3 comments:

JWD said...

Awesome, Cyen! The scarf looks great!

Lady Arden said...

Great looking scarf -and I bet it will be nice and warm. Looks like you'll need it with all that snow! Man, I wish it would snow like that around here. It looks simply beautiful out there.

cyen said...

Thanks ladies. Yes it is nice and warm, I'm glad I got to use it for a few days before spring gets here. I think tomorrow we're supposed to hit 50.