Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday ramblings

A few links I've been saving to read at a later date:
What the Amish are teaching America

Eighty Year Old Saved us $800 Billion

Attention US Military personnel

On a lighter note:
Just got a new shipment of tea from Adagio today! Good day!
I got a replacement of a few flavors that I like: Citron Green, Hojicha, And I got some new flavors; Irish Breakfast, and a sampler pack of 4 black teas; Keemun encore, yunnan gold, darjeeling #22, and golden needle.

Saw a pretty good movie this weekend: The Departed. The new Martin Scorsese picture with some big name actors (Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, and more). It was about 25 minutes too long for me, and I was confused throughout most of it trying to figure out who was the good guy and who was the bad guy, but I just went with the flow and didn't worry too much about it. There were a lot of tense moments and some really good acting. The theatre was sold out so I expect this one to clean up at the boxoffice. It was a bit graphic and gory in the violence end but that didn't surprise me being a Scorsese film. Quite a bit of racist comments too, but it was done in character so for some reason it didn't seem as offensive. (did that make any sense?)

And lastly, I went out yesterday on a nice sunny warm fall day and took some new photos. I went out towards sunset and got some nice shots. I tried shooting in a different format, so I need to tweak them before posting on my flickr account, but keep your eyes open in my flickr button bar to the right of this post in the sidebar. I stopped at a roadside farmers market and got some good pumpkin shots. I feel so funny now too walking or stopping in a public area with a camera. I keep wondering who is going to call the police to report a suspicious person taking photos. So far this has not happened but I fear one day it will. How does one prove he's just an amatuer photographer? Maybe I'll make up some business cards just in case.

ok, that's enough for this monday's post. I'll try to get back in the grove of posting a daily post.
Have a good week!

No comments: