Saturday, October 14, 2006

quiet around here

It's been a little quiet around here (on this blog I mean). Just not feeling much like bloggin lately. It's normal. You tend to go through phases when being a blogger, asking questions like "why am I doing this?" "when your repeat readership is less than 5, what's the point" etc... But then you take a little break, and you start to miss it. You then realize (or remember) that the reason you do this is not for repeat readership, of having fans, of hoping one day to be a famous blogger worth as much as google (HA!) - you realize you do this just for yourself. To vent. To point the finger at subjects you feel the finger needs to pointed at (both good and bad). Then one day you check your stats and you see that 13 people read your blog the other day (those of you who get hundreds a day don't laugh!) and you think it's still kinda cool that someone found your voice in the wind. So, lets see what I can point the finger at today...
Diebold.
I've gotten some recent hits via technorati (great site) regarding some of my diebold voting comments. Someone just posted an anon comment with a clever link (look below).
Then when I checked Technorati to find out where I was listed, I found this link:
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=3605
It's talking about an upcoming documentary on HBO only a few days before the voting (Nov. 2nd). I'll have to try and find someone with HBO to tape it for me. Although this is great news in getting the word out, I think it a little sad that only paid subscribers will get this message. (And only a few days before the election where nothing really can be done about it). BUT... I hope this will be powerful (HBO documentaries usually are) and will find a more public audience soon (maybe end up on netflix quickly).
From the press release:

The timely, cautionary documentary HACKING DEMOCRACY exposes gaping holes in the security of America’s electronic voting system when it debuts THURSDAY, NOV. 2 (9:00-10:30 p.m. ET/PT) – less than a week before the midterm elections – exclusively on HBO. Other HBO playdates: Nov. 5 (9:00 a.m.), 7 (9:00 a.m., 6:30 p.m.), 13 (12:30 p.m., 10:00 p.m.), 18 (6:00 p.m.) and 26 (1:15 a.m.).HBO2 playdates: Nov. 4 (noon), 7 (11:45 p.m.), 10 (6:30 p.m.) and 15 (3:00 a.m.).


_____
a few more links that caught my attention on reddit today:
Pentagon kept tabs on antiwar group - miami herald
A Parody is considered Terrorism (The site appears down due to heavy traffic at the moment and I can't get the link. I posted the reddit forward link, I hope it works)
No wonder our perception of beauty is distorted
(you'll need flash to see this one).

ok, have a good weekend!

No comments: