Friday, October 06, 2006

Much Love

A few days ago I posted about one of my favorite authors: Robert Anton Wilson. He (or is family) put a call out to fans that he was in bad shape both financially and physically. There was talk of him being evicted from his home during his declining health. But the fans have pulled through... Today on BoingBoing Mark Frauenfelder posted a follow up letter from RAW's daughter and a message from RAW himself.
BOB'S NOTE:

Dear Friends, my God, what can I say. I am dumbfounded, flabbergasted, and totally stunned by the charity and compassion that has poured in here the last three days.

To steal from Jack Benny, "I do not deserve this, but I also have severe leg problems and I don't deserve them either."

Because he was a kind man as well as a funny one, Benny was beloved. I find it hard to believe that I am equally beloved and especially that I deserve such love.

Whoever you are, wherever you are, know that my love is with you.

You have all reminded me that despite George W. Bush and all his cohorts, there is still a lot of beautiful kindness in the world.

Blessings.

Robert Anton Wilson

No comments: