Friday, December 02, 2005

Life on my computer...

I had this idea a few days ago, and just came upon a website that reminded me of my idea. The website is called happypalace and is a blog of various images. I don't get it really, as it seems to be a hodge podge of images, but some neat vintage images. The first image that popped up when I loaded the page, was a line drawing of a floppy disk with the label of "My Entire Life". This led me to the reminder that I just came up with this idea about a week ago...

About a week ago, I had bought a new TV. In throwing out my old TV (which I hated to do), I was curious how old it was, and how long I had had it. Must have been close to 11 or 12 years. I thought I should know this sort of info. So I created a simple text file on my computer, that I will now log all the semi-important things that happen in my life. For example, I put the purchase date of my new TV. I recently had to call my apartment complex to get them to come out and fix my dishwasher, which they then had to replace. So I noted this as well. There are only a few entires at this point, but I think it will be neat in 10-20 years to open this file and look back and see what was "important" that I felt I needed to keep track of. (And it will be searchable, so I hope once I have a bunch of entries it will be possible to find what I'm looking for.)

Music> I happened to watch the Daily Show last night, and they had a first... They had a musical guest of "The White Stripes" (which I like - not all of the songs, but most of the songs). It was neat to see them perform, and although I enjoyed it on the Daily Show, I hope this doesn't become a regular feature on the Daily Show... I think if it did, it would be more of a "late night" or "the tonight show" or "Jimmy Kimmel" and not a Fake News Show. I guess time will tell. On a related note: I saw a link a couple days ago for a Live recording via NPR radio of the White Stripes. I thought "cool, I can stream it and record it on my computer (for personal use)" - But when it started... OH MY... it was horrible! Just a bunch of screaming, and poor audio quality. The live performance on the Daily Show was ten times better though.

Politics> I passed a house this morning on my way to work (I pass it everyday), and this morning was a sign out front that said "Impeach Bush Cheney". I remember this house had signs out front during the election for Kerry. I admire someone who puts a sign outside of their house stating an extreme political point of view. I don't know if I'd ever do it for fear of some sort of retaliation (a rock through a window, paint, etc...). I guess i can do it in a different way... on my blog :) Impeach Bush.

23 Days until Christmas...

Cyen

No comments: