Thursday, December 08, 2005

Supercooling water

I wasn't going to blog anything today, but I found this really neat link about supercooling water.
This guy had some bottled water in his garage overnight and apparently lives somewhere cold as it got down to 1 degree Far. He went out to get a bottle expecting it to be frozen and it wasn't. When he opened the bottle, it imediately turned to ice. The next day he tried to repeat the process and he filmed it. Really cool to see. On the downside, you may not be able to view the video clips. He used a strange video format that you need to install a special viewer. I was able to translate it to a quicktime (mov) format so that all of you can watch it easily, but then I realized I may be breaking copyright laws here. So I'll see if I can get his permission to post my converted file of his movie. In the meantime here's his blog where you can read about it.
Cyen

No comments: