Friday, January 13, 2006

Ugliest Shoes ever...


[update: 7/26/08: Sadly the link I've listed below has been pulled. If you are interested, here's an updated instructable (with a slightly nice result).]

I've stumbled upon this idea on the web a few times in the past and it always strikes me as a good idea, but after seeing a photo of them, these have got to be the ugliest things ever - though they are almost crossing over that line of ugly to cool. Even so, it's a good idea and I like the fact that they are homemade and recycled old tires. The how-to article is funny to read also... http://www.instructables.com/
I wonder if there are other materials that these could be used for... Cardboard? Disposable cardboard "shoes" that could be used once then recycled... Leather? Sort of a crude moccasin? A sheet of silicon? squishy but might be really comfortable? Other?

By the way, the instructables.com is a cool website, you never know quite what you'll find.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

oh...i wear nike shoes and i never saw this model shoe in my life time...great!

cyen said...

I've been "spammed" here in the comments twice now by "shoedeals4u.com". Don't click on any of the links and DONT Do business with spammers who try to sneak their comments into a blog making them look like user comments. Shame on you Shoedeals!
I'm not going to remove the above comment from "fashion", so you can see their lame attempt.
Don't click on the link either because they probably get paid on ads served on their website.