Monday, December 25, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

First off... Merry Christmas!
Hope you had a safe fun day.

Well, I decided to relax this evening and watch a dvd. I watched "An Inconvenient Truth". You know the one... the one with Al Gore talking about global warming.
Well, I have mixed opinions on this movie.
First... I hope something can be done for this problem. But I see this as a problem that is too far gone. That's not to say that I will give up, and just start turning my gas stove on for 24 hours a day, or letting my truck run while I'm sleeping. I will still try to do my part. But I will be amazed if somehow we can turn this trend around.
If you have not seen this movie, I encourage you to go rent it. Yes, there are some political stabs and cheap shots. But it is certainly not the focus of the movie.
I was also aware that this was like a large commercial for APPLE computers. (Which Al Gore is on the board of!) But since I am an devout fan of apple, I won't complain too much.
But really, put all that aside, and just open your mind for about an hour or so and listen to some of the facts and figures.
I hope that one day soon, I may switch to a Hybrid vehicle. I WISH I could get a toyota pickup in hybrid, but I may have to put that aside.
Go see this movie.
http://www.climatecrisis.net/

No comments: