Sunday, December 31, 2006

Talladega Nights


I just watched a funny video last night... "Talledega Nights: The ballad of Ricky Bobby". Was it stupid? yes. Was it crude? yes. Did I laugh? yes. I know, this wasn't oscar worthy "best picture of the year" material, but I was pleasantly surprised when I watched this video last night. Some of the movie skated right up to the edge of being offensive, but some of the bits really cracked me up. What made this movie I think was the comedy team of Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. John really had some good lines. I think what also let me enjoy this movie the most was that I saw it on the unrated DVD. I think the version that I watched had some extra scenes, that felt very ad-libbed. Then I spent another half hour or more watching all the bloopers, gag reels, and extras. The scene with the knife in the leg really had me laughin...
If you're looking for some mindless fun, have a fast forward button on the remote to get you through the slow spots, then I would recommend renting this dvd. NOT for kids!

No comments: