Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Did you vote?

I did. In spite of my reservations over the electronic voting machines, no paper trail, etc... I went up this morning and pushed a couple of buttons. As I arrived a woman arrived just before me. I felt bad for her, because when she went up to the two elderly women working the books they could not find her name. I could not hear all of the conversation, but from what I did overhear she apparently didn't change her address (after 4 years) so that she could vote in this new district. She took the news rather calmly and seemed to shrug her shoulders and walk away. I know it wasn't racially motivated, but she was a black woman and I wanted to say, "Let her vote!" But I don't know enough about the laws and such to raise a fuss. I suppose it was her own fault that she didn't re-register but it didn't make me feel any better. Other than that, my voting experience was very uneventful. So now we'll have to see if the democrats can make a difference. I'll be staying up at to watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report's LIVE coverage of the election results. Should be interesting. I'm glad today is over with so my phone will stop ringing... I've never had so many phone calls in my life in the past week. (Almost all of them were recordings.)

No comments: