Wednesday, November 01, 2006

And the bowl too...

I work in a small town. It has a "Victorian" feel to it, but it could be a small town in anywhere, USA. The main street has a bank, post office, deli, our business, and a few other shops. We usually don't get kids that come up to the door, I guess because we're not a house, and they just don't think to approach the small business. So this year, my boss put out a nice little table with a foam pumpkin (that lights up), and another small table with a big bowl of candy, that said "Happy Halloween". The lights were on inside that building, as I was working late (around 7pm). The Candy bowl went out about 6:15. So you can probably guess where this is headed... In that short time of 45 minutes, with parents walking around with their kids, someone stole all of our candy... AND THE BOWL that it was in. I couldn't believe it. I felt bad for all the other kids who may have come up to the door thinking there was a treat. Oh well. I feel like I should write a letter or something to the local paper. But I know it would be for naught. Just a bummer on what I had hoped was a good night.
Ok, moving on...
What ever happened...
Does anyone even remember that about a month (maybe 2) the news was reporting that Osama Bin Laden was dead? Something about him dying from some sort of disease. I can't comprehend why nothing more has been said about this.
Also in the area of the news media not reporting news... I saw a link on reddit that took me to a story about the most casualties the us military suffered in one day. Something like 300 people were killed. How horrible. Yet again, nothing on the mainstream news media.
Shifting gears again...
I've been staying up late for the past week or so to watch the Colbert Report. I really think his show is getting better. Last night he went on this tear about gay marriage that was too funny. They have the clip over on the comedy central site called "thanks gays".
Borat...
I was looking forward to this movie. I've been seeing so many of the clips online, in interviews, etc... I almost feel like I've seen the movie already. I read a good piece online the other day that points out the real "joke" it's not on the Kazakhstan people... It's on us. (I got this joke right away, and didn't need a long article to explain it). But now I just saw another clip online about a guy who hunts wild animals, then goes on to really put his foot in his mouth when he starts talking about Jews. I found this clip actually sad and not funny. I hope the whole movie is not like this. I'll loose all hope for humanity.
Ok, I'm on a roll and have a few more comments but this is long enough. Tune in tomorrow.
(PS> I just added a few more photos to my flickr account. Check the flickr board in the side bar to the right, towards the bottom.)

No comments: