Thursday, March 27, 2008

Amazon - wag of the finger



I like Amazon.com.
They've always been reliable (a few hiccups over the years, but overall, I don't have much to complain about).
Well, today is a "wag of the finger" for Amazon.
I've noticed over the years, that when an item is low in stock, it usually means they are out of stock. I've been excited to buy a new toy... a KP3 Korg. I could not justify purchasing this expensive toy. But, just last week, In a strange twist of events, I recieved a check from my life insurance company. The company has been going through upheaval and bankruptcy, etc... so this check was a complete surprise to me. I had not been expecting it at all. Well, guess what... it just so happened to be the same amount as what a Kp3 costs! In my book, that counts as "answered prayer" and a sign from the cosmos that I was meant to purchase this item.
So I head over to amazon (so I can get my points), and proceed to order it. I had a few choices to purchase the item from, and they all said "had one in stock". I picked a reputable company.
Well, today, I got an email that said "we're sorry for the inconvenience, but we're out of stock". RATS!!!
I was able to cancel the order though with no problems at all (kudo's to 8th street music). And within an hour, I found another website that had 4 of these items in stock! (woohoo). It ended up costing me an extra $40, for shipping, and tax, but I'm really psyched to get this thing. And since I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE else, I felt I had better snap this thing up quickly.
So stay tuned... I HOPE to create some cool electronic music with this thing, and maybe post on youtube (if I feel it anywhere close to being good).
Amazon - you should fix your "stock" algorithms...I'm pretty sure this was not the fault of 8th Street music, but with Amazon. If I'm wrong, I apologize ahead of time Amazon.

No comments: