Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday already!?

First off for Friday - TGIF! This week went fast for me - which is good I guess. I had several things going on and I suspect that when you are kept busy with things happening that's what makes the time go fast. I went to a meeting at church for a group who are discussing politics, and local issues. It's a small group but I find the arena to hear other people's opinion is a good thing. I'm trying to start a group blog with them, but I don't know if it will take off. I hope it does.
Thursday night was my watercolor class. It went ok... I tried ot have a little more fun, and not paint so realistic, and I also tried out a new set of paints that I picked up. All in all, I had fun and the picture turned out so-so. (sorry nothing to post).

I came in this morning and was listening to NPR which was featuring local programing. I heard a good interview yesterday with commander Gary Bernsten, who was talking about his new book called Jawbreaker (Amazon). I had heard Gary and co-author Ralph Pezzullo earlier on C-Span, promoting their book and was very interested in what they had to say regarding the attack on Bin Laden. I'm going to have get this book. This interview is available as a realplayer stream or podcast on their website.
I also heard this morning the tale end of what sounded like a good interview (and interesting person) with Father James Martin, who is promoting his new book "My life with the Saints". Father Martin seemed very "down to earth" and straight forward (which I admire when it comes to religion and politics). I'll have to listen to this interview from the beginning also available on their podcast or you can download the MP3 file here. OR a realplayer stream here.

Finally a quote from my google homepage... Sounds like something Steven Colbert would say...
"I am not one of those who in expressing opinions confine themselves to facts." - Mark Twain

No comments: