Monday, March 06, 2006

Red Rain


I spent a lot of time on the internet this weekend. Sometimes I view the internet as just a very large book. One of the posts I stumbled upon was this one... about an event that occured in Kerala, India on July 25th 2001. Red Rain fell from the sky for many miles, and lasted on and off for 2-3 months. Most people said this was the result of a Dust storm that dropped dust particles high up in the clouds. But there are some who think there might be something more to it... panspermia. Panspermia is the theory that life from outerspace could be transplanted to earth on board a comet, (or UFO?). After just a brief digging into the story (the story is true) but the debate about it being ET life is still up in the air. And because of this it makes it seem unlikely to me that there is anything to this story. But... The idea, and the circumstances around the story do seem odd, and enough to say "maybe?". Here's the original article I found about this... and after a google search, I found this new website that looks Damn Interesting. Pardon my French.
The photo I pulled from the Damn Interesting story about this topic.

No comments: