Friday, March 17, 2006

phee-phi-pho-yum


Another good art class last night. I am really starting to enjoy this whole watercolor thing. It's still a struggle, and I still have a lot to learn (and... pppp....pprr...practice - I hate that word). We did another still life but were supposed to concentrate on texture. I didn't quite get it down, but the watercolor turned out pretty good in spite of the lack of texture.
After class a friend and I went back to chinatown for some food. We stopped at a vietnamese and thai place. I had "pho" which according to this website is pronounced phir!? In a nutshell it was a beef and rice noodle soup. It was a LARGE bowl and very good. It also had, scallions, onions, cilantro, basil, sprouts, two jalapeno slices, and a squeeze of lemon. The sprouts, basil, jalapeno and lemon were all on a side dish that you added to your own soup. I would defintely get this again.
note: the image above, I pulled off the web that looked most like what I had. There appears to be many variations of the pho dish.

No comments: