Thursday, March 29, 2007

80's music

After my mind numbing post about IRA's here's a quick post a little less numbing...
The other night I had to hit the grocery store. I was wandering through the aisles when I realized I was diggin the song on the loud speaker system. It was some 80's song (can't recall). Then a few aisles later, I was humming along with another song, and I had to stop and think... who sings this!? I know it, but can't place it... (I made it look like I was pondering the spice choices). Then it hit me... It was Siouxsie and the Banshee's. I had to smile and thought how cool is my shoprite to be playin Siouxsie and Banshees on a Tuesday night. (I was just reminded of this, because I just heard "peek-a-boo" also by Siouxsie on the radio!) In addition to this fun song, a little while later there was another "70's classic rock" song playing and a woman walked past me singing along in a quiet voice. The whole store was rockin that night :)
PS> No comments from the peanut gallery to tell me 80's new wave isn't cool anymore. I know that - but what makes it cool, is that I think it's cool anyway even though other people don't so there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.