Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Photography


So the above picture is a lesson for me (and possibly you)... Over the last few days now I've been carrying my camera with me everywhere. It's a pain. It's not a big camera, but with the carrying case (to prevent it from getting dirty or scratched) it's bulky enough to fill my coat pocket (and with warm weather approaching, I need to figure out if I want to wear another item on my belt). BUT... If it were not for my decision to do this, I would have never gotten the above photo. I was pulling up to the curb just as this guy was putting his helmet on to take off. I scrambled the camera out of the case, turned it on, and got out of my truck. I raised the camera to him, pointed in "sign language" and asked if it was ok... the guy gave me a huge smile and gave me the "thumbs up" sign language. So I snapped this shot. I WISH I got a close up of his face, he was an "elderly" (anybody with predominant white hair (beard, mustache, or hair) is elderly) black man and just had that look like he was a nice guy who you feel like you've always known. Then as he drove away, I snapped another (turned out blurry because I was rushing). So now I'm going to feel compelled to carry my camera with me now everywhere for fear of missing another shot. And who says artists don't suffer. Ever since I was a kid, I saw a guy riding a trike, and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

PS> Happy PI day... 3.14

No comments: