Monday, March 26, 2007

Dunny


It's Monday. Yuck. I think I'm catching a cold. Yuck. Had a bit of a scratchy throat last night so I took a cold-eze and woke up today just feeling sluggish. (well, I always wake up feeling that way, this was more like a slug in the antarctic). But as I was wondering what I wanted to blog about today, I realized I've been thinking a lot in anticipation of a new toy I bought online. I bought a dunny. What's a dunny? I'm not sure how to describe it. It's a (usually) small 3" tall vinyl toy that has quite a huge following now in the art community. What makes these toys popular is that they are painted by artists and designers. These are not really for kids (though they can be). I bought my first dunny when I visited San Francisco. I've been trying to resist the pull of becoming a collector of yet another "thing". I have too many things. But I broke last week. In a moment of weakness I bought a plain dunny. A small all white dunny, with the idea that you paint or decorate it anyway you want. Well, the pressure is killin me now. I hate that feeling of staring at a blank canvas. Whenever I get a new sketchbook, or watercolor tablet, I always skip the first page, because that's too much pressure. So now that I'm waiting for UPS to deliver my first generic dunny, I wish now that I bought a second one to relieve that pressure. Ugh. I also bought a second vinyl collectible called a "fat cap", I'll try to take a photo and post it. You can check out this awesome store online called KidRobot.

I'll post this thought too just because... I've been hearing a lot (on the interweb circles that I hang out on) about a new TV show on Showtime called "This American Life". Apparently it's a radio program, that's now a podcast, thats now a TV show. I'd never heard of it. Well, I was just over on one of my web haunts called drawn.ca and saw this link to a flash animation. It's a cute little video but with a slightly disturbing outcome. I'm going to have to look for the podcast now cause I'm not going to subscribe to Showtime to see what all the hoopla is about.

No comments: