Sunday, April 20, 2008

Movie Review - Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Quick movie review time...
Forgetting Sarah Marshal (imdb) - the new movie from Judd Apatow (actually I'm not sure how much he had to do with it other than produce?)
Bottom line... you can forget this movie.
It was just phoned in this one. Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy meets another girl, etc...
As someone on imdb pointed out... the editing really had some major problems. I don't know what happened there, but it was such an abrupt cut scene that I felt like there was something wrong with the projector.
Ok, I think I did laugh at maybe one or two jokes, but for the most part, it was just yawn for me.
On a side note too, I REALLY didn't need to see the full monty for actor Jason Segel. Once = comedy, twice = too much, third time = exhibitionist.
I did like the English guy (Russell Brand), but he didn't make the movie worth it.
I also was impressed with actress Mila Kunis, it was nice to see her actually act beyond her TV show "That 70's Show".
Unless you are a big Apatow fan, my advice is to skip this one.
To be fair though, at the end of the movie several people clapped, so apparently some people must have liked it.

No comments: