Thursday, June 21, 2007

Kooky Coincidence...


Ok, this is sort of a kooky coincidence... a few days ago, I was flipping through the channels and I saw something that reminded me of the 80's movie "The Karate Kid". I don't even recall what it was that put this thought in my head... but I remember specifically thinking "I wonder where those guys are now"... in particular I was wondering what happened to the blond hair'd kid... He just sort of faded away after a big hit. (Wow, he has been busy, just not in anything I've ever seen... I looked him up on imdb here - William Zabka).
Anyhow...
Today I got an email from one of my old movie website contacts (I used to co-run an online movie review website). It was a press release for a new song/musical group called "no more kings". The song they are promoting is called "Sweep the leg" based on... wait for it... The Karate Kid! So I just went to the website here, and sure enough, there are several of the original characters making some cameo's in the music video. I gotta say too, it's a catchy little pop song, and the video was pretty good. Now, if you've never heard of the Karate Kid, all of this probably means bupkus, but I thought it blog worthy :)

OK, I was thinking of yet another blog post for this, but I might as well throw it in here...
Do you have "Broadband" internet (Cable or DSL)? Do you like to watch video's online, weather it be youtube or other? Then I encourage you to go check out and download "Democracy TV". I had checked this program out when I had first heard about it and was not impressed in the least. But this new version is pretty awesome. You'll need lots of Hard Drive space because you actually download the videos to your system to watch, but still pretty cool.

Speaking of video... no really, I'll end this post after this...
Did you ever see the TV show Arrested Development? Remember the kid? Well, he (mikey) and this other kid (clark) have started this online TV show. The episodes are short (7-15 minutes) which is fine, and they are pretty funny. (again, broadband recommended). Check them out here at ClarkandMichael.com - oh, and the latest episode starts playing automatically, so hit the pause button or simply click "episode 1" so you start at the beginning, otherwise you won't know what's going on. (Episode 5 is my favorite so far).

No comments: