Wednesday, June 27, 2007

maybe there will be justice here?

Following yesterday's post where I linked to a youtube video of a police officer using what appears to be unreasonable force is now on "administrative leave" while they investigate. I hope justice is served here. Don't get me wrong, if skateboarding in that area of the city is outlawed, and you skateboard, then yes you should get a ticket or fine. But from what I saw on the video shows a heavy police officer putting all his weight into pinning these teenagers to the ground (A knee in the lower back, and what looks like a choke hold on a young girl. Then he goes on to threaten them with pepper spray. I hope to hear follow ups to this story.
I'm linking here to the Houston Chronicle (which I think is a pretty far right website.)

No comments: