Monday, August 13, 2007

Little Brother





More police brutality videos end up on YouTube. Warning, the language is not safe for work or kids. As always, these video's only show part of the events. There is no explanation as to why the police were there in the first place. From the one video though, it seems the owners car alarm kept going off, and creating a disturbance. I've been there... I've even called the police when a car alarm was going off outside of my apartment at about 1 in the morning. (They made me go out and get the licence plate, because they were "too busy"). In the first video though, the officers are saying some pretty disturbing comments. I had to put myself in the position of the home owner, if I had a video camera set up with audio, and I heard the officers making those sorts of comments I don't think I would be coming out of the house.
In the second video, this I think is just an example of both sides making the wrong decisions. I think it was pretty obvious that the man just standing there in the yard was not interfering with them towing his truck. At the same time, I don't think taking a persons vehicle because the car alarm is going off is the right solution either. And then that one officer takes the butt of his shotgun and strikes the man in the back of the neck!? That appears to be too extreme in my opinion.
I wonder what the results from this debacle were.

No comments: