Monday, August 20, 2007

Off the grid...

I just read this post over on the makezine site about how a guy made his own "hand-cranked" reading light for his bedside. I really like the idea, and even more, I like his justification of the idea. He read this article over on treehugger.com about how this person says that rather than try to take on the monumental task of living off the grid (in green-terms that's different meaning than conspiracy-terms ;) He suggests picking one room of your house or apartment and taking that room off the grid. Interesting. I might have to think about if I can do something similar to this.
Here's the instructable for the hand cranked night light.
While you're over at the instructables site, be sure to check out my first instructable - I put one up for my water rocket experience (here).

No comments: