Monday, February 11, 2008

Daft Punk at Grammy



This came as a big surprise to me today when it arrived in my email inbox. I learned that Daft Punk performed live at the Grammy Awards last night. I've only just recently discovered daft punk and I'm hooked. There are certain songs that are pure digital pop or as I like to call them "bubblegum pop" music, but there is just something about their beats and digital effects that I love. Admittedly it is probably their heavy use of the Vocoders... I'm a sucker for vocoder music. (Vocoder is a type of synthesizer that alters the human voice into different effects that usually makes it sound like a 1980's computer). Well, much to my surprise this fringe electronic pop group made their first TV debut last night (in their 14 year career). I thought it was great except for one thing... Kanye. I'm sorry, but every time I see a live performance of Kanye, I think he's a horrible performer. He can't sing or hold a note worth a "dang". He thinks if he name drops a few big name designers in his song (like Christian Dior, or Louis Vuitton) that it makes him cool? To me, he ruined a perfectly good Daft Punk performance. Oh well.

No comments: