Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy


Quick movie review...
I just got back from seeing "Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show". I was a little hesitant over seeing this one, but my friend and I are both fans of Vaughn's work, so we figured we'd give it a shot. I wasn't sure what to expect really, as my friend pointed out, it's been a REALLY long time since either of us watched a "comedy movie" and thinking back it was probably with Eddie Murphy. It seems like "Comedy Central" has killed the "comedy movie", it's kinda like "why would I want to pay $9 for a ticket when I can watch the same stuff on TV?"
Well, we both liked this movie.
It started off a little shaky, I wasn't sure where the movie was going at all. It seemed to be some stand-up jokes, mixed in with some personal stories about these guys that I'd never heard of before. But... after a little while, I started to enjoy the movie. Overall MOST of the comedians were really funny. Lot's of crude stuff too, so if that bothers you, then stay away from this one. I mean, it's not horrible, but it's definitely R rated.
I was surprised to see that there were not a whole lot of people in the theatre though. I'm afraid that unless this movie starts getting some "word of mouth" praise it will quickly head to DVD (which might not be a bad thing, because I can see this being a hit on DVD) but still.
So, if you like Vince's style of humor, Ever wondered what happed to "Ralphie" from that movie that they play every Christmas called "A Christmas Story" (you know the one, where he shoot's his eye out), or just want to see a bunch of funny stand up comics, then you should check this movie out.

No comments: