Saturday, June 03, 2006

Where the internet can lead you...

Well it's Sat morning so I'm doing some "early" morning surfing on the web today, and ended up on a website that I came across the other day that I wanted to blog about. Funny how this hyperlink to hyperlink has led me back to the same website.
It started when I checked out the latest digg.com site. You never know what you'll find when you go to digg (which is what I like about it!), but there is usually a techy or geeky subject of interest. Anyway, on the main page (which changes by the minute so if you go there now you won't see it.) was for a strange phone number that appeared on Craigslist. The title of the link that caught my eye was: The 212-796-0735 mystery. The blurb of type underneath said this:
"On or around May 8, a personal ad appeared on the Internet classified ad site Craigslist (It has since been removed). It’s a head scratcher to keep you National Security Agency analysts occupied in your spare time. Each block of numbers is repeated twice; but below I have transcribed them only once for clarity."

So, I'm a sucker for a good mystery, and checked the link out. (bear with me, I'll get to the original item I wanted to blog about). The link led me here:
http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2006/05/31/the-212-796-0735-mystery/
(Note: I don't know what this website is about and am not condoning it)
It's an intersting read. Especially because it brings up a topic that I've been reading about on boingboing which is where I first heard of the shortwave radio "spy" broadcasts. This was broadcast in response to this link:
http://www.boingboing.net/2006/05/23/wtf_is_going_on_with.html

So after reading many (not all) of the comments regarding the codes in the phone number, I decided to google the phone number and found this link which brought me to this persons blog:
http://wb42.blogspot.com/
it did not link me to the specific blog about the phone (still have to find that). But at this time, the number one post was about how the president is pushing an amendment to the constitution to ban gay marriage. To set up a federal law (that would trump any state laws) that specifically describes marriage as a union between a man and a woman. I think it's supposed to be voted on this coming monday? (lol... as I typed this FOX news just mentioned it briefly - yes I watch fox news occasionally... it's best to see what your enemy is talking about ;)
SO... this blog led me back to my orignal post (see I told you I'd get there)...
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen
That talks about how there are many items to point to a rigged election. I've not read it yet, and not much of this is news to me, but I found it interesting that it's been published in a major magazine (even if it is rolling stone, and a bunch of teens are looking for news about Pearl Jam).
Whew... what a circle of coincidence there. I hate when these sorts of coincedences happen like this. I always feel like the "higher power" is trying to tell me something and I'm sitting here saying "what?"

No comments: