Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm Back!

Hello Nation! I'm back from Vacation! I had a great time visiting family and seeing CA. One of the highlights of the trip was our day long trip to the 2nd ever Maker Faire! What a fantastic playground of nerds, geeks, crafters, makers, inventors, free spirits, creative people. It's like putting your tongue on a 9V battery but for the mind. I shot a bunch of photos (about 125+) but not all of them turned out well. I'm kinda dissapointed in my photos this time. I think I was rushing my shots, worried about batteries, not having enough space on my memory card, and just generally trying to take in all the sights and sounds. I hope to post more in detail about my trip, but just throwing this post up now until I can get to it.

In other news, I found this site yesterday about an Open cola project. I've heard about the open Beer project and am excited to learn of this open cola movement. I've been trying to cut down on my soda intake so I've been drinking a lot of iced tea.

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are being put in a boxing ring to duke it out! Well, not really, but they will be sitting down together to talk about technology in a moderated event. Should be interesting to hear what these two superstars have to say. link to press release.

I've also learned yesterday that a new version of one of my favorite computer games is being released soon. Blizzard's Starcraft! It's got the great name of starcraft2 :)

Lot's happening since I last blogged :)

Oh, and a special thanks to my sister, Bro, and nephew for letting me crash on their couch for the week of my vacation! I know space is limited in their apartment and I must have cramped their style, but it is GREATLY appreciated!

1 comment:

JWD said...

It was a joy to have you with us, Bro! And now we miss you tons!