Friday, May 25, 2007

Verizon Fios

MAN! I can't wait until Verizon Fios becomes available in my neighborhood! I just got back a few days ago from vacation, and noticed that two of my cable channels are out (snow and static). I've learned to just be patient and usually in a day or two Comcast will fix the problem. Well, it's been a few days, so I called them tonight to report the problem. Guess what... They removed those two channels (without telling me!). I now need to upgrade to the digital service (at approx $6 more a month plus taxes). Now, one of the channels I could care less about - the game show channel... But the other channel I was a real fan of - CSPAN2. Cspan 2 had bookTV on every weekend, in addition to all the other benefits of the Regular Cspan. This bums me out, and pisses me off that they can do this. I asked the customer service rep, if it would do any good to complain, or to request that comcast add cspan2 back and he basically laughed and said, no the decision has been made. Well, guess what... my decision has been made that as soon as I have another option for my TV I'm dropping Comcast. When I first moved to this neighborhood, I was paying $19.95 for cable. In approx 10 years, I'm not paying $53 per month.
And to top it all off... Comcast is currently building a HUGE new building in Philadelphia. It's taller than any other building in the city. It's as if they are just thumbing their nose at all of us saying "look at the ivory tower you are building for us".
Grrrrrr


Tech Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%. I am sitting here looking for CSPAN2 and it is gone from my channel lineup. That's COMCASTIC for you alright! First they take your money, then they take your favorite channels.


Higher Cable Bills + No competetion = COMCASTIC!