Sunday, May 27, 2007

Maker Faire combots video



So, not too long ago, I shot a small low res video via my camera for the art buggy derby that I was a part of. I was able to shoot about 4 more small video's while at the Maker Faire. I'm just now getting around to uploading them to my youtube account.
This first one is of our first "combot" competition. The silver robot is a half of a beer keg. I was amazed that the smaller looking black robot was able to shred the keg into oblivion. The smaller black robot had like a lawn mower blade on top that spun at a high speed. The video doesn't do this justice but at least you can get an idea.
I just tried to find a link for the combots and got a bit confused... I think I got it now... Combots is really just a part of a much larger robot competition called RoboGames (formerly RobOlympics). Their website doesn't appear to be updated to include the maker faire for some reason.

No comments: