Monday, May 14, 2007

Iraq for sale



I kinda wish I had paid more attention to this while it was happening. No I seem to be catching clips and blips and playing catch-up to find out what was said. I'm going to have to make a trip over to cspan to see if I can find the entire interview... I'm talking about Robert Greenwald. I first learned about Robert after watching the Documentary called "Iraq for Sale". It was a disturbing look at the profiteering going on in this occupation. Only recently I saw another movie by Mr. Greenwald that got my ire up... the Walmart documentary: Walmart: The high cost of low price. Oh my, the list continues... I went over to Robert's website and saw that he also had a hand in "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism". So, I'm not sure now if I like Robert or not... I feel his films have opened my eyes, but I kinda wish I didn't have to know all of these bad things were going on. I will also admit, These films are strictly one sided. They are meant to show a point of view. I have not doubt that through the art of editing that some things may have been taken out of context, or perhaps highlighted to make a point. This is the result of all documentaries (imho).
Whew, all of that intro to say... watch this. Greenwald goes up against Rep. Jack Kingston. Again, this video was edited, so I can't say if things were taken out of context, BUT from this clip, it appears that Rep. Kingston just doesn't get it.
I think we may be hearing more about Greenwald as time goes on. I think his films and points of view are going to be cut up and posted on sites like youtube. As the message gets out, I hope people will take notice of these issues.
As a side note: After watching the embedded video here, I think if you click on the "share" button at the bottom, you'll be taken to the youtube website. I encourage you to look at the comments... WARNING! Some of these comments are foul mouthed, rants and very offensive. But when I see comments like these I just scratch my head. It's people like this that I will never understand. I wish I knew what motivates people to post comments like this.

No comments: