Saturday, May 05, 2007

imac update

Well, it's officially broke. The "superdrive" just gave out on me with this new imac. In stepping back from it all, I was amazed at the range of emotions I've felt over this machine... anger, disappointment, then depression, hope and dread. These are not good feelings (except for hope). On top of this all, I have my vacation coming up in 11 days, 13 hours, 4 minutes and 18 seconds (I've got a countdown widget), and I have a fear that if I submit my imac to the local applestore, and if things take longer than expected, that I'll be out of town, when they need to get in touch with me to ask an important question. So, I've decided two items: One, I broke down (emphasis on broke because it was $180!!) and bought the extended warranty. I had two reasons for this... to be treated like a human being when dealing with the local store, and because now I know that my computer is not in tip-top operating condition. They may fix the drive for now, but in another 6 months, I'll be out of my normal warranty then I'll be up the creek. So, the second reason is simply to extend the warranty for another 2 years. Costly, but probably the wise thing to do. AND as my mom pointed out... it is like insurance... like bringing an umbrella with you on a cloudy day, if you bring the umbrella, it's sure not to rain... if you don't bring it, you're sure to get drenched.
So, I hope I won't be posting any more imac woes until after I get back from my vacation (in 11 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes and 16 seconds) :)


No comments: