Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Food glorious food


I am always a bit surprised that when I have a cold, I never lose my appetite. I would think that after several days of eating lightly (mainly due to lack of energy to lift a frying pan), that I would have lost a pound or two, but NO! Anyway, I'm starting to feel a little better and food is starting to get it's taste back. Which brings me to my two posts for today:

Gormeh - a new word coin'd by Lore Sjoberg (there should be two dots (an umlaut?) above the "o" - I wish my name had two cool dots in it)).
Read his funny article on Wired News talking about the fast food's attempt to "gourmeh-itize" (I made that one up) foods like burgers, and cheese, and gorditas.

Then I found this article today about the California State Fair, where they have a wine tasting award for homebrewed wines. Not only is that pretty cool, but this website has consistently incredible photography for it's short recipes. Check it out.

{Hooray! It looks like blogger fixed the image upload glitch.}

No comments: