Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm an activist now?

Well, I never really thought I would do this, but I just finsihed writing a letter (web form - this is 2006 after all) to my Governor. I was surfing the web this morning and found this link on techdirt that explains how the Governor of Maryland has called for the elimination of the electronic voting machines (specifically diebold). I wasn't aware that a governor had the authority to do this, (he may not, he may just be calling for it). But I thought... if the Maryland Gov can do this, so can my Governor. I don't expect a reply (though I will be interested if I get a form letter response). I don't think my little letter will amount to anything either, but at least I can say I did something (other than blog about it). So now that I've written one letter, does this make me an "activist"? :)
OH, and I just heard the item I blogged about the other day (the Canadian citizen who was deported by America to Syria and tortured - and turned out he was innocent)... that it was mentioned on Cspan as not getting any media attention. Well, the host (some new cute blonde woman I don't know her name yet), said that it was written about in the New York Times today. GOOD! I'd post a link, but NYT wants to charge me $14.95 to subscribe to read it. Grrr.
I hope this story doesn't get burried.


No comments: