Thursday, July 13, 2006

Halo comic


Hmm... where to start this post... Wired i guess... I was just reading my latest issue of Wired magazine (which they recently were in the news for finally purchasing Wired.com but that's a whole other story.) While reading I came across a sidebar that talked about a new comic book Graphic Novel about the video game HALO. I've been playing halo WAY too much lately, but it is a cool game! (when people are not cheating that is). BUT what struck me about this article was that one of the artists who have signed on is Simon Bisley (Biz). He's probably my all-time favorite comic book artist! And, maybe it's because I've gotten away from my comic reading, but Biz sort of fell off the face of the earth. So I'm jazzed about getting this new Graphic novel from Marvel (due out sometime this month). Available on Amazon too.
Here's Biz' site (May not be safe for work/kids) - He draws the best monsters!
My favorite comic of his was SLAINE. He usually doesn't do full comics but is known more for his cover art.
Here's an interview with Biz on the Bungie.net site
OH and one of the other artists featured is Jean "Moebius" Giraud who is another very talented comic artist. I remember him from my days of reading "Heavy Metal". Great stuff.

Tech Tags:







No comments: