Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rice Cooker


I made another purchase that doesn't make much sense. But it's something I've been wanting for a while now... I bought a rice cooker! Why? I don't know. It seems so stupid because afterall, you can cook rice in any pot right? Maybe not! I've never been able to cook rice well. I almost always end up burning the bottom of the pot, or under cooking to prevent it from burning. So, in an effort to eat better (that's how I'm justifying it to myself) I got this gizmo. Actually it does much more than just cook rice, but that's probably how I plan on using it the most. I went with the Sanyo ECJ-D55S model. 5.5 cups (that's a lot of rice!) capacity. I went with this model because a friend of mine has one, and let me borrow his the other night. I have to admit... it was the best bowl of rice I've ever eaten.
So, I'll be sure to let you know how my rice turns out, and if I get creative with any new rice recipes.
Oh, and I suppose I should credit Amazon.com too... They shipped the item within 24 hours! Ahead of their 2 day estimated arrival date. I just signed up for their "prime membership" (80$ a year for free 2 day shipping - I've yet to figure if this is a scam or not ;)
But I placed my order around 5pm on Wed, and it arrived this morning! Kudo's amazon.

Tech Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a clock radio! Are you sure you're supposed to put rice in it?

cyen said...

I just saw that someone found my page via a yahoo search and that I did not post a follow up... I really like this rice cooker. It does a very nice job in cooking a great pot of rice. My only complaint is that there must be a hot spot somewhere because there is a small section in every pot that is every so slightly browned. It still tastes fine, and I just give it a good stir to mix it all in. I'm a bit surprised at how long it takes when NOT using the quick steam option. (like the brown rice setting). But overall I'm still very happy with this.