Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Geek Reminder...

Ok, you can thank me for this later... This a friendly reminder right now to back-up your computer! I had put my back-up off for several months, and just did it on Sunday night. Once I did, I am glad to have done it.
Think to yourself... if your computer RIGHT NOW stopped working, and you lost all your data, photos, videos, email, etc... how much trouble would you be in?

In related news, I'm actually looking forward to the new Macintosh Operating System due out on the 26th code named "Leopard". I've been using Macs not long enough that I find it difficult to remember all these big cat names. First (If I have it right) there was Jaguar, then Tiger, and now Leopard. I wasn't totally impressed with all the new features, but there was one that really jumped at me. I don't recall if it had a name or not, but there was some way that you can monitor a section of a website for changes. That was pretty cool.
I got an email the other day from Amazon.com where you can save about $20 if you pre-order the system, but I've learned my lessons about being the first to jump on the new technology bandwagon. I'll wait at least a month before upgrading.

In other unrelated news...
I've got to call the automated system tonight to see if I have to show up for Jury Duty tomorrow. ugh. I'm starting to regret now that I didn't try harder to get out of it. Oh well. We'll see what tomorrow brings.


No comments: