Friday, October 05, 2007

Ouch!

Quick update on the big hole in the ceiling from the Fios installer... It's still there.
They kept me waiting over 2 hours yesterday - so I left.
This morning, they sent a woman around at about 9:30 to tell me they'd be there at 10:30... At 11:15 still no sight of them so I left again. Grrrr... We'll see what Monday brings. I think I'm going to call Monday and ask them where I should send my bill for my time.

So this morning I'm getting dressed, and went to pull my shorts on (yes, still wearing Shorts in October!) When something in my back "snapped". Not an audible snap (thank goodness), but man, the pain that I felt was unbelievable. I almost fell to the floor, but instead Froze, wondering what to do. I made it over to the edge of my bed to sit, and boy did that hurt! I can only remember one other time when I felt that much pain... I accidentally stood up in the entrance to our garage and the garage door was half-way down, so I smacked my head into that. I literally saw stars that time. This time the pain was enough to make me sweat and loose my breath! After about 20 minutes of not moving, and wondering what I was going to do, I managed to slowly stand up. I was able to walk then (slowly) and after about an hour, I was able to move again. I'm still in a constant pain now, but it's dull - unless I stand up. I'm currently using my old 5-Iron golf club as a cane! :)
So wish me luck on a speedy recovery. Really messed up my plans this weekend.
Amazing, to me how you can be feeling 100% fine then in the blink of an eye, something gives. At this point, I'm hoping it's a muscle pull, and not a nerve, but I'm not sure. I think it's muscle, because it seems to be feeling a little better.

Hope your TGIF is going better than mine.
Cyen out

2 comments:

me said...

so have you heard anything on this yet?

cyen said...

Well, the hole in the ceiling was fixed today. It looks like a 5-year-old did the repair, but I guess I can't do anything about that. Unless I want to fix it myself, which I don't. :)

The back? It's getting better. Slowly, but I can tell it's getting better. I'm walking I'd guess at about 86% speed now. pain pretty much is gone while sitting and laying down - so thats good.

Thanks for asking :)