Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jury Duty...

Well, I managed to escape the jury duty today (wed) but after calling into the automated phone service this evening after 5pm, I learned that I will have to go in tomorrow morning. Yuck. I'm glad that they are on "my time" at least, I don't have to be there until 10:45am, so that helps.
I'll be surprised if they do in fact choose me to partake in the jury. I'm starting to regret that I didn't try harder to get out of it, due to work. I'm "self employed" so all these hours that I'll lose to this, is money outta my wallet. I kick myself too, because I kinda mis-read the jury duty form... I thought I had to make myself available for only 2 days, but now have learned that I have to make myself available for the entire length of the trial, so if the trial goes on for a week or more, that's gonna be a huge hit to the wallet! I'm kinda hoping now that between my excuse for being self-employed and the fact that I have long hair and a beard, that they'll take one look at me and show me the door. Fine by me.
I also can't help but having this thought run through my mind... "judge not, lest ye be judged" or to put it in NIV terms... "Do not judge, or you too will be judged" Matthew 7:1

No comments: