Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Da Vinci Code movie

I just saw the movie tonight. Perhaps I shouldn't even blog about this since it's 2am and I'm dead tired, but I'll keep this short.
I really enjoyed this movie. Mind you, I may not be the best judge though... I LOVE the subject matter of this movie. Religion, conspiracy, codes, clues, etc... My mind is spinning (and I'm loving that dizzy feeling). I do think the movie was about 20 minutes too long (very few movies should go beyond 2 hours). Tom Hanks did a good job, as did Audry Tautuo, and of course Gandalf - er I mean Sir Ian Mckellan - was fantastic. If I had not read the book, perhaps I would have been confused by all the different characters, but I did pretty good in keeping up with the story. It's been several years since I've read the book, so I can't really start making comparisons. Some things I remember, and others not at all. I learned two new items - the part about the last supper painting where you switch Mary to the other side of Jesus, and that Constantine was a Pagan? Gotta look into that more. I can also understand why the Catholic Church has banned their members from seeing the movie. It's not very flattering.
Bottom line... A good story.

No comments: