Monday, May 01, 2006

Steven Colbert


Truthiness is the Word for today.
This past weekend, Steven Colbert of the "Colbert Report" was a guest speaker at the White House Press Corp Dinner. How they picked him I'll never know, I'm actually surprised. Well, I missed the televised event on C-span, but thanks to the internet I can see his speech. If you are a fan of Steven or The Daily Show, you should check this out. My only regret is that they did not show more of the President's reaction - from what little I saw, he didn't even smile.
If you are short on time, you should only watch "part 3" which was Steven's video-tape of his bid for the recently replaced White House Press Secretary (Tony Snow from FOX won the new position - gee, a FOX news reporter telling us what the president meant to say - there's a surprise). Go to You Tube to check out the video(s).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lcIRXur61II&search=colbert%20roasts

on another note: Today (monday may 1st) is supposed to be a big boycott day where all of the illegal immigrants are supposed to stay home and not go to work today to show how important they are to the workforce. 1) I have not been affected by this. 2) If you are illegal, wouldn't this be a good way to get caught?
More importantly! When do US legal citizens get a day off? I say tomorrow (May 2) become National Legal Citizen Workers Day and we all get the day off to protest (or go to the mall for some good sales!?)

No comments: